Guitar track editing punching doing a whole song?

musicianvw

Gear owned
tascam 32sd
I was wondering when i do punching either manual or auto recording a acoustic guitar track there is a pop or click in between were one ends and one begins. I was wondering if i have to play the whole song for it to not sound like that or if anyone has any other tips on how to get clean punches thanks.

I do a lot of punching - takes a while to get it right! I will also turn the record on and off while recording a track, to avoid the need to edit out the guitar handling noise, breathing and etc.

I have yet to hear any sound at the on-off locations. Even with stopping and restarting the "transport" I have not heard any noises.

Is the sound you are hearing coming from your pushing the buttons on the recorder? I had a problem with this until I was more gentle on the buttons.

no its not its from the guitar parts not lining up right. I will start to play a song i do all acoustic then if i mess up i try to punch in and i cant seem to get the guitar parts to match up like if i would play the whole song without stopping. I can always tell where i punched in other works its not a clean flow like no editing was done.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.