Hello, New Member Introduction

Mark9

Gear owned
Tascam TSR8, Teac 3440
Hello, just joined and I sincerely hope to be able to contribute as much as I've already learned lurking. I'm a retired Film to Tape Colorist and former Dialog Editor with good knowledge of my home gear, TSR-8, 3440, M-133 & Da-88. Several Uhers and working familiarity with analog Nagras. I'm always willing to educate anyone with interest in older film sound procedures regarding audio for film or video (within my 'pea brain' sphere of experience!) Actually, I was in the biz for 25 years, enough for anyone. No question is irrelevant if the question is sincere. If I can help, I'll try my best. I'm a 40 year Hammond and Piano Synth guy but spinning tape is my lifelong hobby, obsession, addiction.
For now I'm gonna lay back and absorb the feel and tenor of the forum, the discussions and threads I've sampled already are fascinating and I look forward to reading them daily.

I didn't see a 'new member's FAQ although I honestly didn't look as well as I could have. Forgive me, I was in a hurry to sign up. I'll attend to it directly and get myself up to speed.

Thanks for reading,
Mark

Reactions: -mjk-
@Mark9 Welcome! We're really fortunate to have someone with your background and experience join the Tascam forums. It's really great that you have offered to share your 25 years of knowledge and experience, and I'm sure many of us are going to be asking you questions as we dive deeper into the digital age of live streaming and YouTube video production. All that old school knowledge is very relevant to current technologies. We're always happy to have another industry professional join our ranks of Tascam forum users!

Wow! I'm unworthy of such a classy intro! (Well, maybe *slightly* worthy. Kidding!)
Yes, sharing any knowledge I can pass along is one of my main motivations for joining this forum since I have a fair amount of free time. Besides, I'm a sucker for tech-talk.
Mark.

Welcome, Mark. I look forward to any experiences/knowledge you would like to share.

Thanks! I appreciate your greeting too.

From the short time here, I've already picked up some useful info, very learned members here. And, a forum is only as good as it's members. I can tell I'm in good company.
M

New threads

Members online