Help locating info on DM-4800, firewire to PT

Here are two DM screen shots - accessed via the OPTIONS menu. These are from Tabs 1 and 2 respectively. Study carefully. Note - Shot #1: 'Automation Fader Motor On/Off.

And Shot #2: O/L status.

You may wish to look over the other toggles in Tabs 3/4.

CaptDan

Attachments

• OPTION_PREFERENCES.png
    OPTION_PREFERENCES.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 9
  • OPTION_SETUP.png
    OPTION_SETUP.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 6
The info may well be in the manual but not in a way I can understand all of the problems I'm encountering with this mixer. I have yet to see a complete set of instructions from A to Z on how to set up this box and nothing is in just one page you need to flip from page to page and definitely need a lot of knowledge on what needs to be done before you can start looking for it. It has taken me days to discover one thing that was holding me back in one area only to find something was wrong somewhere else. I certainly appreciate your help but please don't put yourself out, I'll get'er done.

Ha ha, sorry you posted the pictures and got them in before my reply.:rolleyes: In other words things got mixed up in the mail. I did view the pics and appreciate them but they really didn't have anything to do with my LEDs not coming on. I called Avid today and they seem to think it's because I'm not launching the program in administrators mode. I'll try it later when I get a chance. Thanks again Capt!

Just thought I'd mention everything is working fine now and right when I'm ready to mix my 1st project (with this current set-up) I get a message from Avid saying I'm eligible for a free upgrade to PT 10. Well I went for it and it created another 4 days of grief with iLok. I had purchased a used PT9 and some plug-ins, I paid iLok their $100 for their transfer but couldn't help feeling very nervis when they instructed me to surrender the license og my current PT9. Everything was sailing along as long as I was giving iLok their money and surrendering my license, but sure enough that's when it ended. It seems iLok sent all of the download info and links (to PT10) to the previous owners Avid account and naturally I didn't have his email or password. I don't know if any of you have had problems with Ilok but you ask them one simple question and it takes 8 to 10 to get a simple reply. Give them too much info and they don't know what to do with it and to top it all off they don't have a telephone number or tech support other than this 8 hr reply thing on the interweb. Luckily for me a few moderators for PT hang around the DUC and a guy named Bruce was very helpful in getting things straightened out. I still don't have the license's in my Avid account but they are on my iLok and I was able to download version 10 from the knowledge base and my iLok activated it. So for now all is good in LaLa Land.
Thanks to all that helped, especially CaptDan who went another mile for me!

EDIT: BTW, this 9+10 bundle is pretty cool, I have 10 on my desktop and 9 on my laptops. The iLok key recognizes both versions.

Sorry to hear about your iLok adventures. It's a narrow road fraught with peril. But in my opinion, the extra goodies in PT10 make the trouble worth it. Clip gain, 32 bit (yeah, I know - Steinberg's offered that since 1931 :) ), plus a leaner/meaner engine under the hood; better use of RAM and audio streams. A damn good DAW, although like its competitors, PT has its detractors and ex-users. Can't please everybody. :)

It's a good lesson though; anybody purchasing pre-licensed copies - particularly with Avid product - has to get the user transfers shored up in the iLok account. More than a few unwary folks have been bitten on the backside because the 'numbers' didn't add up.

And you're welcome; glad to know you're on your way to success. :)

CaptDan

With the rather hefty fee ($100) to transfer you'd think Avid was in the "used DAW" business! But yes, Avid should lay out some rules and "how to sell" in black and white as a guideline. I've seen bits and pieces here and there but nothing for people to follow to make sure they are not buying something that can't be activated. You don't know how many times I asked myself that question in the last 5 days! Haha

I think there's some mention of this on Avid's site. All I can say is, when I entered the exciting new world of PT, I'd purchased an unopened PT9 copy from an authorized eBay seller. Got the iLok authorization without problems, then did the upgrade to PT10 without issue too. I think what made it easy was the fact a fresh iLok USB device was included, and there were no previous registrations to confuse the process.

Like The ProTools Klown sings:

Just keep that key...
In the U...S.....B.....
And all will be
Well. :)

CaptDan

New threads

Members online

No members online now.