How I use my DP24

RustyAxe

Veteran
Gear owned
Dp-24
I've owned it for a few years now, and have never bothered to mix and master on the unit. I record my tracks (send FX only, so the track is recorded dry). When I've got it all together, I EXPORT to my iMac and import the tracks into Reaper for editing, where I have MUCH more control over the outcome ... eg; volume envelopes, track automation, more precise EQ, better FX, more control over how a CD is written, many more output options (WAV, MP3, etc) . ... and an exponentially better user interface. Unless I want to add tracks, the song never gets back to the DP24 after tracking.

I love the DP24, but it isn't the be all and end all of recording. It's just very a useful tool.

I would love to have a 4-foot wide desk with sliders, knobs, meters, a big screen, and Reaper or another DAW program supported. Wouldn't that be cool! I suspect it is the knob and sliders that attract most of us to DPs over a laptop.

So far, I have mixed with my DP-24SD, and have experimented with mastering. I just bought Ozone Elements to experiment with for mastering. ($29!)

Though I (obviously) can imagine a better setup. I am so glad we have gone beyond hard drive machines. With my old Korg D3200, a failure meant everything gone. With the DP, I can remove the card, plug it into a new machine and be working. That is so cool!

New threads

Members online