How many songs can a 16gb and 32gb SD card hold?

MetalDude

Gear owned
Tascam DP 24SD
I own a DP-24. Been about 2 years now and I love it! I recorded my last album in 2016 on it. I used a 16GB Sandisk SD card. It was 11 songs. I'm not sure how much of the card I used. I've just started recording my next album on it. I got drums for 6 songs done yesterday, and 5 more to do today. My question is, can i safely record this next album on it, or should I go buy another SD card? I'd hate to run out of card right in the middle.

Best Buy had a 32 GB card on sale for $9, so i bought it. Id rather not use it if I don't have to. The songs from the last album range from 450 MB to 1.1 GB, and there are 14 of them. As i said, I've laid down drum tracks for 6 songs already. So I'm thinking i should start on the next card..

Reactions: -mjk-
Dude... you can move song data off the card - and store it on a computer. And just as easily and quickly... move it back again. This makes card size and card storage capacity almost irrelevant.

;):)

Yes, what David said. Recently a forum member commented that producing an entire album was out of the question on these machines - which I don't get, since not only is the media removable/replaceable, you can simply just copy/archive and clean out the SD card. You may be in the old hard disc recording mindset....

Reactions: Mark Richards
David and mjk covered the practicle solutions. If you want to get into the tall weeds on this issue, a search on "time remaining" will pop out about 30 posts that discuss the nitty gritty.

Members online

No members online now.