If-fw/dm with NO firmware!

terrymgl

Gear owned
DM3200
hello everyone, I'm in trouble!
Long story short, I have access to a dm3200 with the original firewire interface. played with it a bit, everything ran perfectly. Opened tmcompanion, which suggested a firmware update on the interface. I downloaded the 1.01 update, which conveniently had everything inside (updater+bcd file). ran the updater, chose the file, it started erasing the original firmware and then it stopped. So now I have a card with no firmware! I'm using an Imac g5 with 8gigs of ram, and I also have access to other pcs with windows or mac os. Is the card salvageable?????

Has your DM3200 a FW-Card MKII in it???? Firmware works only with MKII Cards.
Try to download a newer Firmware. What OSX is on the iMac? On the Tascam Site there are for all posted OS the right firm and software for the DM. If you have the right firmware, just update again.

Let's start over... What is your OS Win7 or OSX??? But make sure you have a IF-FW/MKII.
The MKI will not work with the DM3200. I see you have a iMacG5. For 10.5 Tiger I see on Tascam site the TCM Software. The Firmware update looks like is minimum for Snow Leopard 10.6.

I DON'T have the mk2, it is the one with the two firewire ports, mk1 apparently. and it DOES work with the dm3200. It is the firewire card I was trying to update, no the console!

Search in this Forum about the MKI. I don't know if there is an upgrade available.
Lots of Users can not get card to work with newer WinOS or MacOSx
I know for sure that the MKI is not working with newer OS or OSx. Most or everybody of DM3200 or 4800 Users have the MKII. Try to contact Tascam if there is a newer update available.

no way with the IFDM MK1 works with xp 32 bits - vista 32 bits - seven 32 bits ! but nothing with 64 bits :(

That firmware is for MK2 only. If the utility erased the original firmware then you are SOL. I'd call Tascam to see if there is a way to restore or if they can reprogram it. If not, you're only shot is to be on the lookout for a MK2 for sale on eBay which appears to be a rare event these days.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.