If-fw dmmkii & firewire 800 (dropouts)

BLIZZY1BLIZZY

Gear owned
DM3200 DM24
So after a long grueling process with a iMac & Firewire 800 (Some of you know about that)

I am now running Mac Pro 2.93 Quad with my DM3200 in Sierra, everything is running great, however I noticed a minor hiccup that I didn't foresee.

After getting all things working together IF-FW DMMKII Control Panel saying LOCKED/44.1/32 tracks, after I actually recorded a track in Logic, after 35 minutes or some, i couldn't hear anything, turns out, everything went back to internal SOUND on the MAC PRO.

I did this again just recorded a trial midi track to see if I can duplicate the issue, and nothing. So I leave it up, go into the kitchen to eat a slice of pizza, come back, regain playing and poof, it happens again

So I unplug, wait a minute, place the FW800 plug back in, bring up IF-FW Control Panel, it then clicks back to lock, so I leave it up while I'm playing in Logic, and doesn't do it again. Hmmmmmmmmmm

I will look into getting a PCI-E FW400 card, cause I haven't even done vocals, so that doesn't sit to well with me. Anyone else have this issue

My DM4800 couldn't run on my new MacBook Because of the FireWire card. The issue was my OS was up to date and it only runs on old OS. So I tried to downgrade and unfortunately it can't be done on the new OS. So I found an old MacBook I had which had the right OS to run my FireWire but then I ran into a another issu. My FireWire cable. So now I have to go buy 400 to 400 cable.!!!!

I was talking in regards to the MAC PRO (Tower) not laptop.

Did you update the drivers for your DM4800 ,for your new OS ( which is......?) you never mentioned ?

Also the DM only has FireWire 400 port, not understanding why you have to buy a FireWire 400 to 400 cable. I presume you had to have one if it all worked previous to your upgrade.

New threads

Members online