Importing copy protected .WAV files

eddie_on_drums

From
Oregon
Website
eddieclark.shutterfly.com
Gear owned
Portastudio DP-32SD
Hello! I'm a new user to the DP-SD32, and so far so good, because I did watch a bunch of tutorials on YouTube between the time I purchased new said unit and took delivery. So, the topic is importing a copy protected .WAV file. I ran into that, and so far I did get one .WAV file to load into a stereo track, matching the bit and khz., but not my first try. What to do? I looked at the .WAV file properties of my first choice, and did not notice any copy protection, just an 'archive' check box on the first tab, and I left that alone. How would I be able tell if a .WAV file that I import in the audio depot would be rejected?
Also, if there are existing threads on this topic, please direct me to them.

Hi Eddie. I have no idea, but, it doesn't hurt anything by trying to do the import. Might as well try it.

Hi Eddie, where did you see the term 'copy protected'? I'm guessing from your handle that you're a drummer - doh :) - so are you trying to use a wave file from a drum machine program? I've come across this before where the vendors add 'copy protection' to their drum patterns to stop people using them elsewhere. I found they change certain bytes within the file to fool other programs into thinking they are not valid audio wave files.
If this is the case, you could either 'hack' the files - although I would not condone this (even though the ones I came across a long time ago were fairly simple) - or to record the patterns in realtime via the audio inputs on the dp machine.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.