Insert Effects Post Recording

lake_guy

Trying some experiments with sending dry vocals to send effect 2 routed through a passive DI box and then back into an input and a new recording on a different track. The goal is to see what I could do with the onboard insert effects such as compression and de-esser. Then mix the dry vocal track (original) with the track with compression and send effects.

Comparing dry and new tracks (with insert effects) there are differences as expected but one thing I am wondering is to what degree the loop I have with the passive DI box is also effecting the signal. Anyone have experience with using a loop in this manner? What did you use to route the final back into the unit?

I think you should sub the DI box out in favor of a stomp box like a distortion or other heavy and obvious effect. that way you will have zero doubt about the presence of that effect as you experiment. A DI is meant to be mostly transparent, thus difficult to determine if its working for you at all.

I posted my findings a few threads down, but Ill toss you a few pointers.
the mixer function is not only available on the selected track. the inputs can be selected as well.
on the input ... insert effect means something.
on the tracks .. pre and post mean something.
go forth and noodle ...
a man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way

New threads

Members online

No members online now.