Inspire Galaxy part. VI : humility

BRADEL Christophe

Gear owned
DP32SD
Hello everyone.:)
Humility is an unknown quality. It is the most beautiful of qualities, and one is never enough of it. To believe oneself humble... is to be proud.

As musicians, we need it to listen to criticism and progress. So as I want to progress continuously, I thought that the sixth part of my series "Inspire Galaxy" should be called: "humility", in order to put me back in my place of eternal beginner.;)

I was able to use all the tracks of the DP32sd because thanks to MJK, I was able to solve my problem of false contacts on the "selects" buttons.:D
On this track I again delved into the beautiful bass sounds of the Sequential Take 5, as well as creating some very interesting lead sounds (from minute six). The Take 5 is really a great synth....
I hope you like it, and feel free to humiliate me for the good cause : always making more beautiful soundscapes!

Thank you !:)

Another very tasteful & well- produced piece w many fine elements!!!
To believe oneself humble... is to be proud
An ol’ pal of mine who ran the weekly open mic at the local hangout for years used complain to me about how common it was for musicians to be self-deprecating.
I can only speak for myself: I told it it was because I despised musicians - at ANY level - who were full if themselves & too egotistical to admit that - no matter how stupendous a talent you are - there is always someone better than you!!!
Again - speaking for myself - I have unbounded respect for musicians that are amazing, yet refuse to crow about their superiority over others. Not that it will surprise anyone to hear me say it, but all 3 guys in RUSH are like that.

Last edited:
Rush is a sooooo good band !!!
At the risk of repeating myself:
"There's RUSH. Then there's everybody else."
Signed - world heavyweight champion card-carrying drooling RUSH fanboi..:)
Have been so since Carter was POTUS!!!o_O

My music is quite different from Rush, (style and of course level) so what do you think of my last track ?:)

My music is quite different from Rush, (style and of course level) so what do you think of my last track ?
Oh yes indeed...very different from RUSH!
But that's one of the many beauties of music: SO many different worlds.
And - at least in my world - there are few (if any) in the same league as RUSH...

ANYway. I thought your new piece was lovely - you have a terrific feel for blending sounds and textures, and going through different movements/phases, and your production is really pretty impressive (at least to me). When I listen to your pieces, I have visions of the synth-junkie-room.;)

As you saw in the previous topic, my synth space is not so big, but I try to use what I have the most efficient way possible. ;)
You reassure me : I was not sure of this piece but after a lot of listening, I've thought that it is not so bad. The next one will go in a different direction, I need more melodies ; I'm already inspired...:)

I think you have fine skills, a good 'ear', and a good attitude. Chances are, your melodies will evolve/improve as you go on. Don't be afraid to listen to artists you relate to for ideas/inspiration.
Go forth and create!

And I'd offer one of the concepts that all 3 members of RUSH have attributed their long association & great commercial and critical success to...it comes up time and again in interviews:
"Never be afraid to try new things".
Words to live by!!!:cool:

Thank you for these beautiful compliments, and these very good tips! I'll carry on doing that;)

Somehow I missed this post.. The sound is great again, and I love the bass sound especially around 3:05 and on. And you are right, that lead after 7:00 sounds great too! Keep it up!

Thank you very much ARJAN, I still lack self-confidence, so compliments are always good, especially from you, on my bass sounds. I'm glad you liked the overall sound, I loved using those leads which sound a bit "guitar/synth".;)
Have a great summer !:)

Attachments

• upload_2023-7-27_18-53-14.png
    upload_2023-7-27_18-53-14.png
    312 bytes · Views: 3
Christophe, I too listened and liked, but was unable to comment at the time. After listening to all your work, I think it's safe to say your talent and production choices are spot on. :)

Even professional audio engineers and producers look for feedback on their work, because we're always learning from each other. ;)

Reactions: -mjk-
Yes Mark, we all need recognition - to some degree. Thank you for this encouragement, I need it. I listened to this track again these days (I hadn't listened to it for more than a month), and looking back I found it good. When we are in a job, the search for perfection is such that we are not able to be satisfied. Then, much later, when we've let go and it's all over, then comes the "last judgment" - the one that matters.
Thanks again Mark!:) I'll go back to work for the next piece with more inspiration.;)

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.