Is it possible to monitor an input without recording while recording on another input?

Carter Burton

Gear owned
DP-32SD, DP-008
I have a drum machine using 2 inputs and a stereo track. I want to record a guitar part from a different input onto a different mono track. Do I have to record the drum machine? Can't I just listen to it while recording the guitar without recording the drum machine? Sorry if this is a repost. I'm new here. Thank you!!!

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can monitor inputs without recording them, at least on the DP-32, not sure about the DP-008 (you don't say which machine you're using - you have both machines listed on your profile info). If you assign an input directly to the stereo bus, you'll hear it in the monitors without it being recorded.

Wow! Phil Tipping! I'm star struck. Thank you for answering my question and responding quickly. I figured it out. I love my DP-32SD. I've seen all your videos. Because of your video I got the Yamaha YMC-10 sync box. It works perfectly. The DAW "Reaper" allows you to send SMPTE/ LTC timecode to an output of an audio interface. If you then send this back to the DAW with the DP-32 as the master the DAW will not only play in time but also jog forward and backward to match the position on the "tape" track.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.