Jog play playback stuttering in timeline view

Frangy

Gear owned
DP 24 SD
Hey guys,

I'm having this issue with the DP 24SD where track playback stutters like a skipping record whenever I use the timeline view during jog play. Even trying to stop the track doesn't stop the stuttering. Is this normal? Could it be an SD card issue?

I tried updating the firwamre to 1.07 and it still does it.

-Frank

Welcome to the forum.

If I'm interpreting your post correctly, using FW V1.07 for your DP-24SD, in Multitrack mode:

Once you press the Jog/Play button to enter Search mode (the Waveform screen), pressing the F1 button to view the Timeline screen opens an electronic feedback loop.

Pressing F1 again will return you to the Waveform screen and eliminate the feedback.

You can move from the Timeline screen to the Jog/Play Search (Waveform) screen, but not back again to the Timeline screen without getting the feedback.

You can monitor the Jog Sound when viewing the Waveform screen, but not when viewing the Timeline screen.

You have to set your start point (place the curser) in the Jog/Play Search (Waveform) screen, exit Jog/Play to the Multitrack Meter screen, press F1 to view the Timeline screen, and begin playback.

So it's likely a firmware issue that TASCAM will need to investigate.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.