Lack of Midi in DP24SD is PITA-Im done

Lasvideo

Gear owned
DP24 SD
Yes, I figured out work arounds that try to fix Tascams midi mess. But it just proved to be a real PITA to implement. Im going back to Studio One where I dont have to fight the midi battle and where I prefer the tools it affords me. The DP24SD is packed up and stacked in the garage and a new Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 is on its way from Amazon. I gave multitrack the old college try....but I graduated from college many years ago so its time to head back to the computer domain. Its been fun (not). Best of wishes to all! ;)

Reactions: -mjk-
Best of luck as you move forward. Hate to see you leave us but can definitely understand the frustration. Midi was the main reason I stuck with my old DP-24 and 32 and haven't "upgraded". Midi capability is just too central to my needs to try and operate without!

Reactions: Lasvideo and -mjk-
@Lasvideo sorry to see you go Tom. I specifically sought out and used my follower network to find an older DP-32 for that very reason. They are out there but you have to search the world. A few months ago, one went for less than 300 USD on a Japanese auction site. MIDI is so important that it's malignantly stupid for Tascam to have removed it from the new version DPs. Take care man.

My final post. Not to rub salt in the midi wound...But after I setup the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 to be Studio Ones audio interface, I created a new song and hit play. Studio One immediately recognized and triggered the Beat Buddy midi drum device. I was pleasantly shocked how easy it was to set up, when compared with the DP24SD. It even updated it with tempo changes in the sequence. For others frustrated with the Tascam Midi Madness...rest assured there are better alternatives. Bye!

@Lasvideo Yes Tom, it sure was nice knowing you, if only for a short time. You really helped me with my SD card issue. Feel free to drop by once in awhile and say hello. I'm really happy you finally have what you need. Take care!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lasvideo

Members online

No members online now.