Looking For Help and Willing to pay a fee

Yanju

Gear owned
Tascam dm3200
I am new to the world of recording and have just bought a used dm3200 which I have set up to use with Logic Pro X I am looking for someone living in London who is happy to teach me for a fee how to set it up and so I can use the board as a mixer with logic and also without logic

I want to be able to record into logic and mix inside logic
I also want to be able to record into logic and mix inside the dm3200
I also want to set up and use the meterbridge

I have tried doing these myself but have had no joy and I have searched you tube most people on the forum use the board with cubase and protools

Please contact me via the forum

Do Skype sessions

Thanks to Rokum and c mafia for responding I am going to wait for a week for anyone who can help on this forum from London uk to respond and if I don't get any takers then I am prepared to do a Skype session with either both of you

I am not very technical when it come to recording I have followed the instructions on the sweet water site and achieved a little bit of progress

I can use it to record into logic
The transport buttons all work and only 8 track faders in logic can be controlled using the board when I press track 9 nothing happens when I hit the bank button on the right using the shift key it instead selects another layer entirely skipping fader tracks 9 to 16

The meterbridge signals also do not correspond to the logic signals

I am running Logic Pro X on Mavericks operating system

If I don't have any response within London uk by the end of this week then I will of course be happy to do a Skype session

I got the Dm last Saturday after spending almost 10 years wishing I could own one and after spending 10 years visiting this board and following threads and I bought when I realised Tascam was discontinuing the unit if not I was prepared to save up and buy it brand new

Alternatives out their just couldn't match its capabilities and those that can happen to be more expensive than the Dm3200 itself

https://www.yanjuonline.com

Reactions: Rockum
I cannot help you with the meter Bridge. I am just leaving work now unfortunately can I get to the mixer because I am remodeling the entire first floor. But from what I remember you have to set up a second remote layer for 9 through 16. There is a add button on the LCD of the mixer on the remote page. After selecting that you will have to cursor over on the new layer and change the values to 9 through 16. One should already be set to 1 though 8.

If you currently have one through eight working then I assume that your USB connection is in order. If no one else chimes in I will go through the old threads later when I get home. It's good to revisit the old threads titles will begin to jump out as you gain experience. If you haven't done so already I suggest beginning at the oldest and work your way to the present. You can bookmark things that you would like to accomplish and you can alway post on an old thread if you need further clarification. It helps cut to the chase. You will also come across so many things that you have not even begun to think about and that will help you get there much quicker and understanding the power of your investment. This mixer takes sometime to get it how you want it and its grows on you. Doing this will really help you if you are going to pay someone so that you can get your money's worth.

I hope that the above instructions help you setup the 2ND remote layer. If I am wrong in my instructions I am sure that someone here will let us know. I will follow up later when I find on older thread but if you find it before me or get this done let me know so I can go to bed. I want to get up early and braze some copper.

Now regarding the automation if that's what you are referring to when you say you want to mix on the DM 3200 that is something I have not made the time. I too wanted to do just the same but recording the automation into the DAW from the mixer so much easier.

I suggest also watching Jamsire's video that is on the first page of the Forum at top it's a sticky. Yes I believe this is Cubase but still you can learn what to do on the mixer you just have to figure out what you need to do in the software after that. Yeah most I've come across on this form is Cubase or Pro Tools. But I will be going Logic Pro soon and I know why you did it. I think we will see more of this because it is so more affordable and just as good as anything else. YouTube is a very little help for this mixer and most of the videos that are good are already on this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Batah
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/tascam-dm-4800-remote-layer-and-mu-1000-problems.430/

Not sure if the link above it's going to work or not if it doesn't copy and paste. this is an old thread that believe is what I was mentioning. It brings up some good points for what you're trying to accomplish. This is someone who is trying to set up Sonar but that should help. Do all the other things that are required for the DM 3200. Another thing is that there is a set-up guide and I do not know or remember if it Guides through a Logic setup. If I could find it I would but I'm remodeling my house right now. It might be on the sticky for documentation. The same thread also discusses the meter bridge. But I want to point something out as I was going through a post and as Audiowave has explained in my most recent thread the meter bridge will only work if sound is going into the mixer. It will not work as a meter bridge for the DAW. This does not mean you can not meter anything from logic but it does mean that you have to send whatever you want to meter through the iffw card.

also the link above that I posted above has other links posted in that thread I did not read those but those might help. This thread is on page 45 at this time. There are 48 pages of threads. Like I said start your way from the end and work your way to the present. There are probably some other old threads that will help with this subject. I will see if I can find anything more that might help you later right now I need to get plumbing work done so I can get my water running in the house.

Last edited:
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dm3200-manual-update-user-layer-cascade-etc.397/

Page 10 or 11

Screenshot_2017-06-16-12-26-27-1.jpg

This is what I was referring to but you need to use setting for Logic not DP. if you zoom in the numbers are still funny you may need to download the document go to the page and zoom in you will see one layer for 1 through 8 and another for 9 through 16.

there is a guide for sonar and Cubase under the documentation folder at the very top of the first page of the forum. and there you can find even more settings that you are going to want but again if it refers to any other software you need to use logic. And if it is something generic then more than likely you can use the same generic setting. keep us posted with your progress and we can go from there. I saw your reply back in October on one of these set up guides. let's get this resolved and get you going. send us some pictures or screenshots if you need to. I don't have a Logic yet but I would assume there are similar configuration just as in sonar or cubase or any DAW. If you youtube anything maybe that's what you need to look for how to setup Logic and piece that together with what you can find here. Send pictures of settings in Logic and perhaps someone will point something out to you. I have a feeling that this thread that you started is something that I am going to be reading in a few months when it's my turn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online