Migrating to Windows7: TMC sees no mixer

Good for you, but I've seen so many postings here from people having trouble with Mavericks or some big cat OS, that there's no guarantee that an Apple is the end of all trouble. Like no PC is either..
Yes, good for me indeed and I've also seen some issues mentioned related to Maverick - I've had no issues running OSX 10.6 or 10.7.

FWIW, I respect the choice to move to a mac. But I think I should mention that it is most likely not a motherboard/CPU thing and that I've been VERY happy with running my DM at 88.2 and all 32 channels of FW in and out of a windows 7 32bit machine with 3GB of ram and an intel E6600 CPU/ and three hard drives.

I haven't heard anyone come up with an answer, but have had a few dispute my analysis that it's M/b related with no evidence to back up their disputes.

FWIW I've been in IT since the days of DOS and performed extended testing / configuration of the DM with multiple versions of Windows / multiple PCs - perhaps I should not bother offering advice here.

I am truly sorry if my reply seemed offensive. I really did not mean it that way. Yours and everyone else's input is of great use here. I am just another user as well. I was simply trying to bar the sweeping generality that all issues with the FW card/TMC are PC (via M/B and CPU) related and everyoine should switch to mac as a way to solve all issues. IMHO, as stated, I respect your choice, not that it really matters. Apple makes a great product and many people are very happy with the decision to go to Apple products. The Tascam products work on Apple computers, and there is no reason not to switch if you are so inclined.
Your issues could very well have been M/b related. I have been on an ASUS P5B deluxe for years, however, and have not had the issues you have had. That was the basis for my point.
Reguardless, I am sorry for any offence. Please continue to offer input/experience and advise to this forum,
Steve

Ditto on getting the 1.30f4 drivers out there!

Ok, Not sent. I am apparently having a problem with people who need these going to a Gmail account. Hotmail or anything else seems to be no problem. Once Again, and headroom, this is from yours,

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed...."

Headroom, I just sent it to your new email address you provided. Hope that works.

Well, after struggling for two weeks I finally got the TMC running!
Downside is that I didn't find out what caused the problem.
I wanted to rule out the DM as the cause. So I installed the TMC, Cubase and the FW driver on a laptop, running on W7/64. With the intention to connect this laptop to a different DM in a studio of a friend nearby, to see if it would work there. However, to my surprise TMC started correctly. So I wrote down all the relevant settings on the laptop.
After that, I re-installed everything on my W7 PC, connected usb and fw, and checked if the settings matched those on the laptop. This time the TMC worked fine.
I haven't found anything that is different from earlier installations. But my impression is that the PC needs to see all connections with all the neccesary settings (like the mackie controls), in order to get the TMC running for the first time. After that first time, the TMC also starts when f.i. the fw is disconnected. It seems to me that the PC remembers the settings after the first time install, but I'm just guessing here.
Most important: back to making music. Thank you all for your help!
Frans

It seems to me that the PC remembers the settings after the first time install,

Or, perhaps, it's more about Win7's peculiarities - especially how it handles certain 32 bit applications.

Maybe, being a 64bit operating system, Win7 needs to place 32 bit apps into particular 'slots.' (x86') And if this fails to occur in an initial installation, the application won't run correctly. So, it becomes necessary to perform a fresh install after every last element and all portions of a previous installation are removed from the hard drive.

Just a guess; I'm no computer genius. :)

CaptDan

Hi, I hope this will help a few of us that are confronted with the "compatible mixer not found" message. It drove me crazy, tried a lot of solutions but this finally did it:
One note: I was using win10 and everything was ok.I upgraded my motherboard and reinstalled win10 and started getting the message. Maybe it has something to do with the win installation...?

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online