Model 12 channel 2 slider issues

julian cherry

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Hey there, been scrolling through here to see if anyone else has been having the same issue as me and didn't find anything too similar so I'm dipping a toe in...

SO I have a model 12 that I got at a sweetwater demo sale. The intent was to find a piece of gear that would work as an audio interface for ableton with a wide offering of inputs, while also working as a mixer for live DJ/performance with a PA system. The issue that has been plaguing me (forgive me if I don't use the proper terminology here) is that when I am playing anything through the mixer, channel 2 has been giving me random spikes in volume. I would happily keep it all the way down but when I am using any form of panning in ableton, the volume just cuts out when it is panned to the Right unless it is turned up, and even still it behaves pretty erratically. I have done a couple of tests and the sliders for channel 1 and channel 2 behave very differently. Channel 1 begins registering sound right around the 20 mark to the right of the slider whereas Channel 2 won't register noise until the 5 or 0 range.

I am running my computers audio to the tascam using the usb input and have channel 1 and 2 switched in to PC mode. I then have my monitors going through a sub and into the Main Output (Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I have a tiny little garage studio and it seems to work well enough).

I have gone through the manual and tried a couple of different rearrangements such as routing my monitors through the sub channel as suggested but since they are also my main source of audio I didn't find much difference here.

Any ideas on if this is user error or a fault in the mixer's slider?

Hi @julian cherry,
from your description I can only suggest to send it back immediately and have the money refunded if you are still under warranty. As a last check try swapping inputs 1 and 2 to see if the fader #2 fault persists.

New threads

Members online