[Model 12] Windows audio is distorting

pstralen

Gear owned
Model 12
I've connected my Model 12 to my PC, and I'm using it as the default audio device in Windows. Sometimes when I play a game the audio starts behaving strangely. It's like it's distorting somewhat, but also almost sounds like playback is somehow "slowed down" or lagging? It sounds almost like a weird flanger effect. This seems to happen when the PC is working with relatively higher loads. I never had this issue when I plugged my headphones straight into the onboard audio device. Does anyone have a clue what gives? Thanks!

Hi there, and yes! I'd say it sounds similar enough for it to feel like a similar issue.

You raise an interesting question. I also hear what sounds like distortion when I connect my laptop to my Model 12 via the headphone jack of my MacBook Pro. I started playing with the INST button and although the distortion didn't go away, I discovered that it affected the audio signal significantly. Apparently the INST button is for high impedance equipment, but if I don't have it depressed on my laptop input, some audio seems to not play back in stereo (or vice versa). It honestly has me confused, as I get the distortion as well when the INST button is on.

I don't think I helped you much, but maybe the INST button (impedance) has something to do with your issues.

From TASCAM regarding this issue...

"We are sorry, but still are unable able to reproduce this issue, although we and R&D tried to reproduce it on all available PC's available.
We would therefore like to ask if you would instruct all the users on the Tascam forum who are reporting the same phenomenon to send a post to: audio-support@teac.de
providing all the relevant details about how and when this issue occurs, what Apps are running in parallel, what hardware is used, what CPU, what mainboard (if known) what USB Chipset, is there anything else connected via USB,…
We will then study all the collated information with our R&D team,"

New threads

Members online