cmaffia

Staff member
From
Queens, New York
Website
cmaffia.wix.com
Gear owned
2 x DM3200, DA-3000
OK so I finally pulled the trigger and got a used meter bridge for an insanely cheap price. While I wait for it to be delivered I thought I'd ask a few questions as I can not find ANY installation documentation or even a user manual on the Tascam site which is weird. I already have the board configured to receive MTC from Cubase.

So is this a plug and play experience? Do I need to configure the DM3200 to use this?

Thanks,
Charlie

Last edited:
Thanks Jim. Sounds easy enough to me. Does a manual exist?

Not sure if a manual exists; if so it would be listed @ tascam.com or the European equivalent.

There's really nothing operationally unusual about the MU1000. However, you'll have some new 'toys' at your fingertips - including the ability to select which layer to observe using the selection buttons on the right side of the unit. So - you can keep your preferences at 'Meter Follows Layer' and be able to override that at will using those selection buttons.

Also - you'll have Dual Meter Capability (DMC ) :). (Actually you do already, but the MU1000 makes it much more cool. ) You can set your TMCompanion meters to 'AVERAGE' and the DM/MU1000 to 'peak,' which allows you to compare peaks with RMS. (I can't tell you how valuable that is for mastering work).

Congrats! You'll wonder how you ever lived without it before. :)

CaptDan

Reactions: waterstrum
Hmmm Peaks with RMS is already built into Cubase but I do like that I can keep prefs at Meter Follows Layer and override with the buttons. Seems odd there isn't an installation manual. I found one in google but it's in french so they did make one for the Frenchies.

Haven't looked in awhile, but maybe the DM manual might have a chapter on the meter bridge.

But really - there's nothing complex about it: plug it in and watch it work. OILA! :)

CaptDan

It slips into two slot on the mixer and us secured with two screws. That's it.

It slips into two slot on the mixer and us secured with two screws. That's it.
Slot 2? That's a joke I suspect :)

EDIT - Ah dyslexic! I read it as "slips into Slot 2" not "2 slots" - That would have been funnier :)

Last edited:
IMG_1066.JPG

Have mercy!

I am getting ready to redo my basic tracking/mixing routing (I want to get my outboard reverb returns into channels I can use the EQ on), and I find myself a bit daunted by the prospect.

Have mercy!

I am getting ready to redo my basic tracking/mixing routing (I want to get my outboard reverb returns into channels I can use the EQ on), and I find myself a bit daunted by the prospect.
That I've actually done!

But on a side note; I don't think they made that German MU-1000 manual for the Frenchies ;)

But on a side note; I don't think they made that German MU-1000 manual for the Frenchies ;)
Duh.. I remembered it as being in French .. but obviously this is German :)

Yay!
IMG_1068.JPG

Got the replacment cable from Tascam today and hooked up the MU-1000 for the first time and she lives! Deal of the century on this! I'm now part of the meter bridge club!!

Last edited:

New threads

Members online