My new song on Tascam DP32

LudoL

Gear owned
DP-32SD
Hello,

I'm a protools guy but computer make me feel silly !

I love working with DP32 for a few month now.

Work very quick, just record and listen !!! If it's wrong then retake .

Here is my last track (me on piano and a friend on voice)

https://soundcloud.com/ludol/jouer-dehors-pascale

I think I've found good reverb for the style of music : Eventide (software) on piano, and TC M350 on vocals.
I would like to get some feedback about the sound !

Thanks,
Ludovic

Reactions: Steve Nosigram
I enjoyed that. Very nice, indeed! Beautiful performances.

If I have any critique of the recording itself... I would bring the vocal level down just a tiny bit relative to the piano - and perhaps give the vocal a tiny bit more depth (reverb).

Well done!

Beautiful song and performances indeed! I agree with David, also in placing both piano and vocal in the same space (or, giving them a similar if not the same reverb). I also notice the piano sounds louder where separate notes are played compared to the chords - maybe balance that a bit more? Very nice!

I'll echo the previous comments: Bravo!

Technically, I also agree with David's and Arjan's suggestions.

Overall it's an excellent recording that just needs some minor tweaking. There's no reason, though, to get locked into thinking you need to spread the piano and vocal across the entire sound stage.

Possible things to experiment with:
  • Set the pre-delay of the reverb to somewhere around 100ms - 150ms. This could give more definition to the vocal and piano presence in the sound field.
  • Use less vocal reverb. This will help place the vocal forward of the piano on the sound stage.
  • Try panning the vocal to the right a bit (about the two o'clock position) and panning the piano to the left a bit (about the 10 o'clock position), use stereo reverb to fill in the sound stage. This can create a pleasant alternate sound stage.
Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the feedback !

I will try your suggestion, nice idea for the panning :)

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online