Need Help...used fwmk2 or adat

karm reltub

Gear owned
DM-3200
So here's my situation -

i purchased a used dm3200 which has the mk1 firewire card and the adat card. regardless of what firmware the dm wont recognize the firewire card. should i try to find an mk2 firewire card or use the adats and purchase something like an RME digiface usb ?

i use an imac late 2011 21.5 and Logic X

progress update - I managed to get the mk1 firewire card working (or at least recognized by the DM as "ok" on the "digital" menu) by downgrading the firmware to 1.60 from the tascam website. The card is recognized by my imac however i cannot for the life of me get a signal to come out of the DM. Please help! Also, there are two slots for cables on the card itself - should there be two firewire cables connected ?

Also, I'm under the impression that the mk1 firewire maxes out at 48k whereas I could just get a cheap motu 2408 and go thru the tdif connections and be at 96k. Would that be worth it to use while I wait for a mk2 firewire to pop up on ebay? I see motu's going for less than $200. Would operating thru the tdif connection work similarly to the firewire ? how would it differ ?

Last edited:

New threads

Members online