New Forum member - new DM-4800 owner

Jeff Kruizenga

From
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Gear owned
DM-4800 Digital Performer
Hi all. I recently purchased a DM-4800 and the seller highly recommended I join the forum due to the knowledge based contained therein, and I have done so.

I recently purchased a DM-4800 and the seller strongly recommended I join this forum, so that was my first order of business. I should state that I have never been on or posted to a forum, so I'm not sure if I just send out a general post and others reply or if I have to direct my queries to specific members. Please assist so that I know the proper etiquette required to participate in this knowledge base.
I have always been in an "end user" capacity, being as I had a studio wizard-gearhead friend who was always eager and available to connect the mystery wires and set up my studio as I made various upgrades (normally at his urging, or as he upgraded). He is more or less out of the business and I am currently adrift in a sea of technology that is far beyond my depth, but I am doing everything I can to school myself.
I currently have a Mackie d8B connected to my mac through which I am running Digital Performer 5.1. It has been a wonderful system but my d8B is having issues and the automation no longer works, so after a year of floundering and trying everything in my power to repair it, I have thrown in the towel and purchased the DM-4800 (again, at said friends urging). What I need assistance with is hooking it up and making everything work together in my home project studio. I started with reading the manual so I would have a working knowledge of it and I am about half way through it, but so many areas are beyond my grasp that I felt I would be better served to ask for assistance here and see if that would help.
How best do I go about that?

Reactions: DJ X
Hi Jeff, and welcome to the forum! The way these things work is that you place a post in the appropriate subforum, which you just did. Everyone can read the post and can post a reply to it, so that others just reading or joining later can also benefit from the discussion. Here's the subforum for the DM3200 and DM4800: http://www.tascamforums.com/forums/tascam-dm-3200-dm-4800.28/

Also, you can post direct messages to other members, usually for specific things you want to share with or ask that user.

You have quite a task ahead with the DM4800 but we've all been there and with the help of the forum I'm sure you'll succeed. It's not an easy beast to tame but once you get the hang of it, it will serve you well.

Tip: try to limit your posts to one specific thing you want an answer to. It's easier said than done, but that way answers can be more specific and people tend to stick to the subject better. Good luck with the setup. And when pushing 'enter' before time, you can use 'edit' to work further in the same post - like I just did :)

Reactions: DJ X

New threads

Members online

No members online now.