New Member And New Model 24

bcalvanese

Hello All,

My name is Bob. I like to write songs as a hobby, and normally just record my songs (guitar and vocal at the same time) using my Focusrite interface, and that was it. I have a buddy that sent me one of his songs that he recorded, which had guitar, vocal, bass, drums, lead parts, and harmony vocals as well. This inspired me to start getting into multi track recording. I purchased a Roland FP-90X keyboard, so I could add percussion, bass, piano, and other sound parts into my songs. I also have a Fender American Ultra Telecaster, a Line 6 HX Stomp, a Martin D-28 satin, and several good mic's that I can use for recording.

I quickly realized that I needed more channels to record with unless I wanted to constantly be connecting and disconnecting things for each track on my Focusrite. I ordered a Mackie Onyx12, and realized i needed even more channels than that, so I returned that and got the model 24. I figured it's better to have more channels than I need, than be in a situation of not having enough channels.

Anyway, my approach is to have everything hooked up, so all I will need to do is arm whatever track(s) I want to record, and add them to my songs. I feel like this Model 24 should do a good job at this, but we shall see, as I have 30 days to return it.

I also have an EV Evolve 50M, and am thinking about hosting some open mic nights in the future, so it would be good to use for that too.

I'm open to any pointers too, as I am pretty new to all this multi tracking stuff.

Regards,
Bob

Welcome to the Tascam Forums, @bcalvanese.

Please familiarize yourself with the pinned topics (called "sticky" topics or "stickies" on the forum), especially the thread for new users. Also, in my signature you can find a link on how to search the forum which will come in very useful when you have an issue.

Enjoy your Model 24!

Reactions: bcalvanese

New threads

Members online