New owner of dp24 and 2488 neo

Scott Tribbey

Gear owned
2488 neo, dp24, dp008
Owning both really wasn't my intention. :)

While I'm quite comfortable with a DAW I also like the immediacy of using real synths and physical recording equipment. So recently I decided to pickup a decent multitrack recorder. I settled on the Tascam equipment and was leaning toward the dp-02 when a mint dp-24 became available locally. I did some research and quickly figured out that the "sd" versions were nothing more than a cost reduction program at Tascam. :( I'm not even interested in something with no MIDI sync capability?

I picked that up and then visited a local music shop where they had a very clean 2488 neo sitting on the shelf for... wait for it... $10. It was labeled "will not play or record" so I figured it would be a fun project and good for parts if nothing else. Well so much for a project. I spent a couple hours testing everything I possibly could trying to find a problem. No dice. I can only assume that the person who tested it didn't really know how to use it.

Obviously I like the dp-24 for it's more modern editing features and wonderful color screen but the 2488 neo is really a nice machine as well.

I do feel like a simple fade-in and fade-out would have made a big difference in the editing area.

Nevertheless, these are both really amazing machines.

Could not agree more; they are both great machines. BTW, what firmware version is in your Neo?

It's 1.10. So clearly I need to update to 1.11. I gather you have a neo as well. Should I update?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.