Nightmare with Tascam 16x08

Tymon Emery

Gear owned
Tascam 16x08
We have a 16x08 and use Sonar Platinum DAW in our studio, it has been running smoothly the last few weeks but it suddenly and for no apparent is now only showing half of my available ins and outs via the DAW as of this morning. The interface is patched via direct outs, sub outs and via insert to direct out converters . Up to today we have had no issues with either the Tascam or Sonar in the studio and I am wondering where this conflict has suddenly come from, and why things aren't working in the exact way they were left two days ago. If anyone has any idea I'd really appreciate some info, thank in advance..

(We have tried re-installing the drivers, updating the firmware and still nothing) - Running windows 10 btw

Last edited:
Check if you see a USB yellow exclamation point in device manager. If this is the case, delete it and reboot. I fix my 16x08 this way last week.

Thank you for your reply, I'll have a look and get back with the outcome

Late reply but no, there is no yellow exclamation and the unit still isn't functioning as it should. After firing up the system yesterday the settings panel tells me there's an update from 2.10 to 2.11, we download it and it runs to 100% - there is no notification to tell you whether the update has been successful so we presume a restart is required. We do this and the panel reports that it's still running 2.10 and again, the update window comes back saying there's an update available. After this continual loop of nothingness we thought a manual download would be in order so we visit the Tascam site to find this update 2.11 isn't even on the site with the 'latest' version being 2.10. This is all really useless and very frustrating

Hmm... I didn't encounter any problem with the installation of the new driver.

The installation file is in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Temp\US-16x08_SettingsPanel-P1XkOA
look for temp.exe

New threads

Members online