No input level or output from DP24

OldPunk

Hello!
Last night I inadvertently connected the wrong power transformer to my DP24. It was from my Presonus monitor station. The Tascam lit up like normal, all functions appears as normal until I tried to get mic inputs to register on the meters. I tried mic straight into the input, guitar straight to input and could not get any levels on the meters, nor could I hear any signal.

I tried playing a song that was already recorded...same deal. I can see levels for the song tracks, but can't hear anything.

I thought perhaps the firmware got corrupted, so I updated today to 1.19. Once again, all functions seem to work, but I can't get any levels to show on meters, nor can I hear the input.

I have Phil's printed guide at my hand (I used that to update firmware--that was a breeze)

The Presonus apparently is run at 16 volts, and the Tascam power supply gives 12. Is it possible I burned something-I didn't smell anything.

Also, Ironically, I did the same thing as another poster, I accidentally unplugged the DP while formatting a SD card. Upon reboot, it wanted to create a sys file, so i said yes. (This happened because i thought i was unplugging the Presonus...)

Last edited:
No worries about the SD card Old Punk. Just do a full format on it. As for the sound issues, using an incorrect PS can do damage. You would not necesarily smell anything burning. Obvious question...How are you listening to the playback of your song? Through headphones connected to the DP directly or through a stereo connection? Have you checked that the faders for those tracks are up and the stereo fader? The manual does say always use the ac adapter with the unit. It is possible some circuit board was overloaded. I hope not for your sake. Is it still under warranty?

Hi There,
I looked back and saw that Orphan posted the same thing a couple pages back. I did all he tried, and I think I'm cooked :( I have songs done that I see the meters move, but no sound thru headphones.
I'd be happy to try a factory reset, tho I don't hold much hope for that being the solution now.
And no warrantee, its a DP24...a few years old.

Last edited:
If it is still under warranty could say was a power surge from lightning storm

@OldPunk At what point in your original post did you change back from the wrong to the correct power supply?

I think.. Think it was after I unplugged during formatting, becausebi thought I was unplugging the Presonus. What is so weird, is everything else seems to work fine.

I just tried factory reset as outlined in Phil's manual. No luck.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound too good Ron. The only thing I can suggest is to check the simplest path through the machine, bypassing the sd-card and track paths. If these don't work, then it's a repair job.

Connect a source to Input A, preferably a line-level device such as an mp3 player, radio, keyboard/synth etc. If you use a mic, use a dynamic one to avoid having to rely on phantom power.
Go to Menu, Prefs and do a Factory Initialise.
Press Assign, press Clear (F2) and assign input A to the Stereo Bus.

1. Listen to the Stereo outputs on the back. The only controls affecting the signal level are Input A's Trim knob and the master Stereo Fader.

2 Listen to the Monitor outputs on the back. Same controls as (1) with the addition of the Monitor level knob. Same signal path as (1) with the addition of the monitor amp.

3. Listen to the headphone output at the front. Same controls as (2). Same signal path as (2) with the addition of the headphone amp.

Thanks for your direction, Phil. Sadly, not even the OL light comes on when boosting the trim to Max.

A costly lesson on making sure the correct power supply is connected.

I appreciate all the help given.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.