Old guy with old equipment

Thor Jørgensen

Gear owned
dm3200 - mx2424
hallo everybody
I recently bought a dm3500 and some time later a mx 2424 sinds that recorder arived in the house ive been trying to get a sound in it and so far no luck
the recorder has a adat interface and the mixer also +on extra as a module
i can get a sound in the mixer but not to the recorder i used to connect a fostex vr 800 and that worked just fine
but nomather wat i try i cant get a signal on the vu meter of the recorder
i hope somebody of you guys can help me on my way and find out wat i am doing wrong
regards ThJ

Welcome to the forum.

A DM3500? I can't seem to find anything on the internet about that model. I'm going to assume from your profile that you meant DM3200.

The suggestion made to all new DM3200/4800 owners is to read the manual thoroughly first and then come back and ask specific questions. I also suggest you create an auto signature which includes all your recording hardware/software.

There is a steep learning curve to the DM series and you need to invest some time into reading the manual and learning the basics first.

he mr C.
You are very right on that model number, it is a dm3200 and a mx 2424 and for some reason it keeps coming up with that 3500
About that manual ,you are right that I should read that before i start using the equipment
well I did while connecting the console and the recorder but I was able to get some music out of the mixer and because i had to wait for a week until I got the recorder I tryed my VR 800 from Fostex .
That is a adat recorder and I own two of them
so I connected one and after a while i was able to recording some music .
That was not that difficult so far but then I got the MX 2424 and as i wrote before I have been strugling up to this very momentI got it lined up to the xp computer where it is sinked to the dm 3200 and the computer it all seem to work ms view on the xp, the remote control on the mixer the counter on the bridge and on the xp all works fine it is just that I cand get a signal in the mx 2424 from the mixer and i dont know what i do wrong her or mis completely I had the console as wel as the mixer reset at the factory settings I had the disk reformatted I bought a rs 422 cable made that to work .
Also I do have some experience in harddisk recording sinking wordclock and digital mixers
adat recording etc etc
But this recorder does not want to record or even get a signal in so far
and the thing is that i have 14 day.s to decide if i want to keep te recorder I do have some garanty on it maybe we can go on a chat session one on one and go trough the whole setup procedure and solve the problem tnx for you reaction anyway
regards Thor

And I will make a signature for shure

a well wat happened today,
i finaly got a signal from the dm 3200 in to the mx-2424 and hd recorded it but also on mx view on the xp and i am a happy guy now
ive been trough both manuals over and over again and chew on it like a small pitbull and in the end i found out wat i was doing wrong here and it all had to do with routing on the dm 3200
it was wat i was sending to the adat interface i setted the source from the interface not on the line in but on to the adat interface aswel .
so far it all works just fine and Cmaffia you are so right by saying if it all fails then read the manual .
anyway i am surprised in a big way over that sound quality of both the mixer and the recorder and i thought that i had fine set up this mixer beats it big time and double time
i have a couple of behringer truths and they sound okay but now on the mixer it sounds like a bell and i am happy to invest all that money in this equipment

Now that I understand the routing on the dm3200 it all works a lot better and it is less confusing
Is there anybody out there who is using a big harddisk on the mx 2424 I wonder wat size the recorder can handle all together I am planning also a second harddisk via scsi That should work aswell anybody with any experience in that???

New threads

Members online

No members online now.