PEAK HOLD

Dave Zippi

-I am a Happy Owner of a DP-24 for the past 5 years. A Bang for the Bucks! ----

-However, it has a strange “Learning Curve” that took a quite a while to truly figure it out!

-The Sticky Threads & Phil’s Videos have been very enlightening.

-One thing that I’m curious about & can’t figure out is in the MENU when you go to PREFERENCES & see the PEAK HOLD with OFF & ON---WHAT DOES THAT ACTUALLY DO?

-DAVE

-One thing that I’m curious about & can’t figure out is in the MENU when you go to PREFERENCES & see the PEAK HOLD with OFF & ON---WHAT DOES THAT ACTUALLY DO?
I have the OG DP-32...I've come to love it too. @Phil Tipping vids were huge...but my learning curve was much smoother 'cuz I'd been working with a succession of 2488's for nearly 15 years.
If you're 'on the learning curve', you should ABSOLUTELY consider purchasing his "Step-By-Step Guide" - which many a new user has told me has helped them more on one page than in the ENTIRE factory manual. It's updated to include the xxSD models, but it still fully compatible with the OG models.

Peak-hold:
I'm no rocket surgeon - in fact, I'm the card-carrying resident maroon around here..
BUT: at least in my DP-32, the peak-hold setting in the Preferences list lets you choose NO peak-hold; a 1-second peak-hold; or a "sticky" peak hold in the mastering operation, which is held on the meters until you relocate to another time-point.
Speaking for myself, I have it set at 1 second - plenty of time for me to see if something I'm inputting is peaking above where I want it.

New threads

Members online