Problems with Tascam DR-22WL

Adelina A

Gear owned
Tascam DR22WL
Hello everyone, sorry because i don't know where to put this topic.

I have a Tascam dr22wl and it has not worked for a few days, no button works, nothing works, it just turns on, you see the display, it turns off, it recognizes that I connect it to USB but no I can select nothing on the recorder, I want to update the firmware, I think that is it, but I cannot because the SD card is not formatted inside the recorder, and it does not have the necessary system folders, I am totally unable to do something, does anyone have any idea what I can do? Do you know if there is a way to format the SD on the PC with the format that the recorder uses?

Check that the switch on the left side of the recorder has not been switched to the "HOLD" position. The HOLD position disables all of the buttons on the recorder.

It happened to me once... :oops:

Yes, I already checked, the HOLD button is not selected.
:/ :(

Rats! I was hoping that was the problem.

One thing you can try (you never know...):

This procedure will completely reset your DR-22WL back to as-new factory condition...

Turn off the recorder, and REMOVE the batteries.

WAIT a long period of time (I would give it at least an hour or two) to allow any internal stored battery charge to drain. All stored settings and memory will be erased, even if corrupted.

Then install a fresh set of batteries, and turn on the recorder.

The unit should behave like the first time you turned it on, fresh from the box. You should be prompted to set the clock.

If it STILL isn't working right, then I'm afraid it's time to contact TASCAM Support.

Is your DR-22WL still under warranty?

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.