Read other threads, followed instructions, but can't get internal effects to work with the DP-24

FenderStringBender

From
Atlanta GA
Gear owned
Tascam DP-24
Hi All,

I am in effects hell with my DP-24. I have read through multiple other threads with users that have this issue, and I followed instructions that I found there but I simply cannot get internal send effects to work. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I have a defective unit.

My need is simple, I have a few tracks that are already recorded that I would like to add some reverb to.

I select the track then go to effects and set up all of the parameters for the reverb. I make sure that the reverb is turned on, and that the return is set to 100. I then go to the mixer and make sure that send one and Master one are both set to 100. But I do not hear any effects on the track. I know I'm probably an idiot, but I've already burned about 4 hours on this without any results. If anyone has an idea of what to check I would very much appreciate it. The manual is basically useless. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: -mjk-
Did you turn on Send 1 in the Mixer screen?
There are 3 options: Off /Pre /Post.

"Pre" sets the signal level going to Effects independent of the track fader.

"Post" relies on the track fader level and the Send 1 / Master Send 1 controls to send a signal to Effects.

[buried on page 47, (top right) of the DP-24 owner manual, in case this is the step you missed]

Last edited:
Reactions: FenderStringBender
Hi Fender.

In addition to what Mark said, please note that I myself have spent time trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any FX send, only to realise I had the wrong track selected! Now, the first thing I do it check the upper right corner of the mixer and effects screens and make sure I'm looking at the right thing. I know you said you selected the track first. But I've also pressed the wrong track button next to the one I wanted, lol.

Thank you for the replies. Yes, post is selected and I have the correct track. I am honestly at a loss at this point. Starting to think I have a defective unit.

UPDATE: okay it looks like the effects are there. I had to really crank the settings up to be able to hear them on the track. It was surprising to me that the presets were essentially inperceptible. I'm going to play with it today and see if I can get them to be more pronounced. If anyone has some settings they would share for reverb on vocals I would love to hear them. I may try making this request a separate thread and see what feedback I get.

Hi Fender. Really glad you got it working! You're not the only one who thinks the return levels are light.

New threads

Members online