Remote Nuendo Mackie control and quick control

shelby

Gear owned
dm 4800
Hello!
I have my dm 4800 remoting controlling 1-24 faders, pan, mute, etc.....but would like to get nuendos quick controls working with the dm to control some other plugins.

Is it possible to use both the mackie control and also the quick control(nuendo) at the same time. I tried the learn button in the quick control window but only the mackie control works.

One more question.....when I am doing automation in nuendo using the dm as a remote....when I am riding a dm fader for automation in nuendo the fader moves back to its first location and wont work for automating.....why would this be?

Thanks
Shel

Please watch my video for what you're looking for. It's here.

For the full setup, watch the Pro Tools setup video here. That will show you the various midi controls inside the DM, which can be fully utilize in Nuendo which acts like Cubase.

Thanks... I tried it out and sort of got it working.
1) I hooked up midi out from dm to midi in on firewire card
2) using midi faders from remote tab
3) using quick control in device manager ..learning faders....seems to work
4) I go on quick control on nuendo channel to Learn the 3rd party plug I want to control but when I move the dm fader the plugin parameter changes to volume fader and moves the channel fader instead of the parameter of the plugin

Im not sure what is going on?

I notice you used generic remote and it changed to quick control....mine doesn't do that.

Thanks again Shel

Use Midi via USB. Set Nuendo Remote Channel 5,6,7 for 3 Mackie Controller.
Set DM Machine CTRL to MMC Steinberg. Ext. CTRL on 24 MC Steinberg. Port 5-7. Works perfect with my DM.

I got the mackie controls working but I want to use the other choices like midi faders or midi mixer (in remote tab) to control plugin parameters in nuendo and quick control.

shel

I got the mackie controls working but I want to use the other choices like midi faders or midi mixer (in remote tab) to control plugin parameters in nuendo and quick control.

shel

I'm not really sure why it doesn't work.

New threads

Members online