Reverb on 2488

Sounds as if reverb is turned on in the stereo bus, did you check the send status for that?

Hi Rand782. I don't understand that one. Not sure how to "check status" for reverb in the stereo bus. Also, if I didn't turn it on, how did it get there? Confused, but thank you for all of your help!!

That was just a shot in the dark, that has happened to me. Select the stereo fader and bring up the send menu. Make sure no effects are enabled there that you don't want.
Are you trying to add outboard reverb to a track that is already recorded or trying to record the track using the behringer?

Not sure what you mean by "arming". I followed the instructions in the poorly written manual. "Record" was selected and the faders were up. The soft switch turned the send "on". The LVL and MSTR were both up. It still doesn't work.

I have tried adding outboard effects both to new tracks while they were being recorded, and also tried to add them later to existing tracks (with the "effected" version of the track routed to a new open track). Nothing works.

Regarding the REVERB being turned on in the stereo bus - not even sure how that would have happened! This was a new song and I didn't turn on any reverb internally. This unit's effects just frustrate me.

A quick to setting up external FX - sorry if points out the obvious.

Start a new song

Plug a mic/gtr into Input A

Push the button marked "Input A" the "Select" button for Channel 1 should also light up

Push the "Record" button so it's lit

Set the gain so you can see the meter on Channel 1 moving Up to -16 at minimum

Push up the fader on Channel 1 & the Stereo fader so you can hear your mic/gtr

Connect Your FX

Take a 1/4 trs from Send 1 output to the Left input of your FX unit

Take a 1/4 trs from the output of your FX unit and plug into Input B

Push the "Record" button for Channel 2 so it's lit

Push The "Send" button Ensure The screen shows it's for Channel 1

Set the send to "Pre"

Turn the "Send" up to 75

Now sing/play something

Turn the gain up on Input B so you can see the meter moving

Push up the fader for Channel 2 so you can hear the FX

You can pull the fader on Channel 1 down so all you are hearing is the effected signal

You now have a few options

Record Channel 1 & 2 at the same time so you get a "Dry" track & a "Wet" track You can blend together in your mix

Record on Channel 1 and use this to send the track to your FX Unit multiple times - recording Onto new tracks each time.

Just record the FX track.

Hope this makes sense / helps

Zeek

The Tascam NEO2488 still will not route effects correctly. How come no one else seems to have these problems????? The manual is junk because it doesn't do what it says it will do. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New threads

Members online