Routing the Control Room Signal, Possible?

Rockum

Veteran
From
Nashville, TN
Gear owned
DM4800, iffw
Anyway to route the Control Room signal affected by the Solo buttons out of the TDIF, ADAT, Digital or Slot outputs? The standard stereo outputs are affected by Mute, but Solo has no effect.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Hey Rockum,

I scoured the routing and monitor sections trying to find a way to do as you asked, but didn't find any. The Control Room signal appears to have only three possible outputs: 1) the Control Room monitors, 2) the headphones, or 3) we can route it also to the Studio Output. There's no other place on any routing screen or Monitor screen that appears to let us route the CR output to anywhere else.

That said, how about routing CR output to the Studio Output (presuming you're not using those) and feeding the signal from them into a couple of channel line inputs or into an AUX Return? Both of those are eminently routable to whatever else you may want in any form/protocol (TDIF, ADAT, SPDIF, AES/EBU, etc.)

Skier

Reactions: Peter Batah
The point for me was to use higher end converters for the control room. What you suggest is a great idea, but it means doing double DA conversion, so I doubt there would be a benefit. Thanks though.

I didn't know why you wanted to do what you asked or that use of higher-end converters was your goal. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

No, I appreciate it, and I think it is a useful answer to leave there. It may solve the problem for someone else. Thanks again.

New threads

Members online