Routing und Inserts

Marsll-Music

Gear owned
DM 3200
Hallo aus Berlin.

Seit einiger Zeit beschäftige ich mich mit dem Routing des Tascam DM 3200 und konnte auch schon einiges erreichen. Jetzt stehe ich aber vor einem Problem. Ich möchte gerne ein Gerät (Ultra-Dyne Pro DSP 9024) zum mastern einsetzen. Das Signal der Stereosumme bekomme ich in das Gerät rein, aber ich bekomme nichts mehr in Richtung Mixer raus.

Im Moment bin ich ratlos und weiß nicht, wie ich das Signal aus dem Ultra-Dyne Pro wieder zum Mixer bekomme, um es zu hören. Hat von Euch jemand vielleicht eine Idee?

Sonnige Grüße und schöne Ostern.
Marsll

Hello from Berlin.

For some time I have been busy with the routing of the Tascam DM 3200 and have already been able to achieve a lot. But now I'm facing a problem. I would like to use a device (Ultra-Dyne Pro DSP 9024) for mastering. I get the signal of the stereo sum into the device, but I can't get anything out in the direction of the mixer.

At the moment I'm at a loss and don't know how to get the signal from the Ultra-Dyne Pro back to the mixer to hear it. Does anyone of you have an idea?

Sunny greetings and Happy Easter.
Marshall

Guten tag, Marshall!

Happy holidays! Can you use the aes-ebu digital input and output on the ultra-dyne? If so, plug it in to digital in/out 1 or 2 on the DM. Then go to the ROUTING / INSERT page, and create two inserts (for ST-L and ST-R). The inserts’ send and return should be set to the jacks you used to plug in the ultra-dyne (Digital 1 or 2 L & R) Out and In. Turn the inserts on, and u should see and hear audio going thru the outboard gear on its way out the main stereo buss.

If you want to use the Dyna-Pro analog, you can do the same as above but plug into (and set the inserts on the INSERT page to use) two of the assignable TRS sends and returns (ASN S/R) instead of the Digital 1 or 2 ports.

Last edited:
vielen Dank für Deine Hilfe.

Ich kann auf der Routing-Seite nichts einstellen. Es erscheint immer die Meldung "bereits vergeben", obwohl dort keinerlei Eintragungen zu sehen sind. Im Moment habe ich das Ultra Dyne so angeschlossen, dass ich am DM 3200 den digitalen Ausgang mit XLR zum analogen Eingang des Ultra Dyne gesteckt habe und vom analogen Ultra Dyne mit XLR zum digitalen Eingang des DM 3200.

Bisher kommen aber keinerlei Signale an.

Hast Du ein paar Screenshots von Deinem Routing? ich arbeite mit Logic Pro.

You cannot plug analog into digital or vice versa. This is very important, and I do recommend you have the manual handy.

when it says “already assigned” on the ROUTING : INSERT page it means that the port u are trying to set for that insert is already being used elsewhere on the board. You have to check every page of the ROUTING screen, and every place the ports u want are located (INPUT, DIGITAL on the OUTPUT page, etc.). You should make sure you know how these work and where the port you want to use is already being assigned on your mixer.

plug the digital i/o on the device into one of the two Dm digital ports - and then make sure it is not in use anywhere on the ROUTING:INPUT, OUTPUT, OUTPUT SLOT or INSERT pages (check them all, including all the different settings u can see by adjusting Pod 3 and Pod 4).

it is too difficult to post screen shots on this site, but if you plug the Dyna AES-EBU (digital) in/out into the Digital 2 in/out XLR port of your DM, the rows of your ROUTING : INSERT should look like:

No. | Module. | Send | Return. |
1 | ST-L |DOUT 2-L |DIN 2-L |
2 | ST-R |DOUT 2-R |DIN 2-R |

Last, none of this involves Logic Pro or your DAW.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.