SD32 channel 3 distorting on input

jon777

Gear owned
Tascam sd32
hi,

Just got a SD32. Been recording on the stereo channels fine and sound me mono ones with no issues until today, found that when I assign any input to channel 3, it is immediately distorted as if the signal is over boosted and bass heavy eq. All input settings are fine and every other channel on same settings is perfect. Happens with any instrument, even a semi acoustic guitar straight to an input is heavily distorted. Channel is practically unusable.

Any suggestions?

Jon, What Lasvideo said, but if no joy:

Under warranty? Contact TASCAM customer support? Contact vendor? The one time I needed some help from TASCAM with the hardware, the customer phone support person was very good. Handled it all over the phone, and got the matter resolved.

If the exact same setup works fine on the other Mono Tracks, I wouldn't waste my time trouble shooting this. Let TASCAM or the vendor know about it and swap the unit out for a new one. M2C.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lasvideo
Yeah did a reset, but no joy. Will have to return and swap I guess.

Cheers

Ah, ha.....

Went through everything with a fine tooth comb and found there was a high gain low end frequency active on eq. On this channel. Turned this off and hey presto.

Obviously a lot of learning to do on this machine.

Yeah did a reset, but no joy. Will have to return and swap I guess.

Cheers
The reset didn't clean out the EQ setting?

Jon, if you did do a reset, and then re-loaded your problem song, the reset will have been undone. A factory reset should have cleared all EQs and FXs. As you'll no doubt find out, all these settings are retained with each song, and a factory reset (Menu, Preferences, Initialise) only affects those for the currently loaded song (as well as several global settings).
If you create a new song, that becomes the new 'current' song, but its initial settings will be the same as the previous song.
If you load an existing song, that becomes the new current song, and its initial settings will come from the song you've just loaded.

Reactions: Lasvideo and jon777
Nope, did 2 resets, wasn’t until after I upgraded the firmware, I decided to look deeper at every button and dial and setting, and found the eq was on for this channel. which is odd, as this was the first time ever I had used the channel.

Could it have been from the demo song that comes with the machine? But all good now thankfully.

Thanks Phil,

Good to know, and that would explain it.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.