Silence markers

Nigeltuff

Gear owned
Tascam Dp24sd
Not finding my exact problem. Set in/out marks for track silence
(delete noise between vocal lines)
Once the points were set I can't change or delete them. When I try to set more it goes right back to the original points & you can't move or change them. Any help appreciated.

Not finding my exact problem
A simple forum search easily found this thread from 2020: Dp-24 setting in and out points, which addressed silencing a track and may have pointed you in the right direction immediately.;)

Set in/out marks...Once the points were set I can't change or delete them

Using my DP-24 I've confirmed (as described in the OM and the above referenced thread) that exiting the Edit screen and resetting the song's In/Out points changes the Edit function's start/stop interval. In my copy of the OM, the correct procedures are given in "Section 7/Setting In Out Points" and "Section 8/Editing Points".

...When I try to set more it goes right back to the original points & can't move or change them
We can't troubleshoot/diagnose accurately what you've reported because you haven't told us the individual steps you'd taken, and in which display screens.
(see the "DP-24/32/SD New Members: Please Read" sticky in the shaded area of this forum).

Last edited:
Are you sure you are pressing both buttons together? Pressing only 1 of them does what you describe - moves the playhead to that position.

Hi Nigeltuff

great name btw hehe

could you tell me what you were doing wrong so that I won't make the same mistake. I just did this very thing to silence an extra drum hit last session. So I will need to set new markers to do any other edits,

cheers mate

New threads

Members online

No members online now.