Dp-24 setting in and out points

jim morris

Gear owned
dp24 sd
I'm new to this machine and am having difficulty setting in and out points to silence part of a track. I'm following manual instructions but it stays at zeroes when I hold the buttons down. What am I missing?

Hi Jim -

Welcome to the forum.

While holding down "Mark Set".... then press "In" (or "Out") to set the point.

That should do it.;)

Thanks David. I'm doing that after going into Silence Audio and nothing happens. Do I need to hold Mark Set and In or Out prior to going in to the Edit?

Yes. Close the editing menu so you're looking at the meter display. Then set the points with the above described procedure.

Once you set the In and Out points (and often the "To" point depending on what you're doing) - then enter the edit screen to make your edit selection.

You can also set the points when in jog mode (which allows you to see the audio wave form and scale it in or out).

FWIW - (I was just working on this today while doing some fine editing) - the In and Out points can be no closer than a minimum of .5 seconds (or 15/30's) apart.

Last edited:
It worked! Thanks! I'm sure I'll run into more things to ask about as I go through the learning process so it's great to have folks with experience to pick their brains.

On that note...

I highly recommend that you visit the "sticky" threads at the top of this forum. They are packed full of relevant info and tips related to the functions of these great recorders. There is a wealth of knowledge there.

In particular - start with the link to the Phil Tipping video tutorial series. You will thank me later. Phil is an active member of the forum and put together these videos on his own in order to help folks like you and me. Many of us have contributed $$ to Phil for his efforts - so if you get something out of those and are in a position - I recommend it.

If you cant find the answers you're looking for above - post up and someone will be happy to help.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.