Strange Times in IF-FWDM MKII Land

Nick C

Gear owned
DM4800 / MBP (OS 10.15.5)
Hey all,

Been trying to get an IF-FWDM MKII working to no avail. Right now the current situation is: The Card Status is OK, but says 1394 Driver Offline. Firmware Version 1.10. The mixer is running version 1.70. On the computer side, the control panel status is no device found. Nothing in Audio MIDI Setup either. Tried multiple cables.

However, the card shows up under the firewire bus in system report! .... soooo the card is only being half-seen by the computer? I've seen posts that say the chipset might be burnt but that should mean i wouldn't be seeing it in the Firewire Bus.

Any help would be appreciated, would suck to have to buy another one as their going for like $500 bucks now

Mac Mini Late 2012 - macOS 10.14.6
DM4800

I'm on Bigsur and Mixer has 1.72b3 and for FW 1.10. Works perfect on my Mac.
Have the Mixer powered on before you startup the mac.

Reactions: mixerizer
do you have a copy of 1.72b3? also do you have the 1.30f10 firewire drivers? literally can't find 1.30f10 anywhere on the internet and it's killing me

Fixed! I didn't have the latest drivers 1.30f10. If you need the drivers check the post i made after this one, it has a working link to the latest drivers/firmware ect. the old tascam beta site link doesnt work anymore

New threads

Staff online

Members online