Sunset Rhapsody

David Porter

Soundaholic
Gear owned
DP-32SD
I recorded and entered this song in a (very) amateur song contest in December ('23). The rough idea had been bouncing around in my head for a couple of years so I threw this arrangement together and recorded and mixed this around my work schedule in about 10 days. My wife came up with the title.

Some basic notes:

Tascam DP-32SD
Guitars: are my both of my Charvels into the Strymon Iridium "Plexi".
Bass: P-bass into the RNDI into the Tascam
Drums: EZD3

I haven't recorded anything heavy like this in over 20 years. It was fun to rock out a little. Crank it up!

https://soundcloud.com/porterhousemusic/sunset-rhapsody

Great guitar work! Love the mix.Well done all around, David.
I've got it on repeat, and cranked.:D

This tune sounds great and I really enjoy your style. Thanks for posting!

Reactions: David Porter
Great stuff! Good mix too and the sounds are nice and heavy and very well played. One thing that I would've done different though is reduce the number of breaks in the rhythm, I get a slight feeling the song never really takes off somehow. But I guess that's a matter of taste.

Reactions: David Porter
Hey Arjan - thanks for the listen and feedback. I know exactly what you mean about the arrangement. I'd heard that from a couple of other people too. Not an excuse, but a reason I think.... this song idea was originally somewhat longer and more complex. It even had a lyrical melody that could have happened. But this silly little song contest popped on my radar and I did indeed rush a shorter arrangement with the aim of just getting it done by the deadline. I've considered going back and seeing the original more complex arrangement (which had some other parts too) through and who knows... maybe someday. Again - thank you for listening. I appreciate all the feedback!:)

Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.