System extension/Kext error

Deserttunes

Gear owned
Tascam DM3200
Hello all,
I am a new proud owner of a Tascam Dm3200. Now if only I can get it to work with my DAW. I Am running Pro Tools 12, OS 10.10.3 on an early 2009 Mac Pro and a IF-FW/DMMKII card on my Tascam....When I install the latest drivers from the beta site(168046 with firmware 1.72b3), the driver install seems to complete but I receive an error "System extension can not be used- The system extension /System/library/extensions/RTL8192SUt.Kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the products vendor for an update" .

Screen Shot 2015-06-21 at 7.33.48 PM.png

I believe this is why i am getting a 1394 Driver Offline notice and don't see the Tascam as an audio option on my settings (by the way FW card is in slot one and Status says "OK",). I have checked every other possibility (different firewire cables, different versions of drivers, different firewire ports, even installed a new firewire 400 pcie card). If I run in Dev mode or with the certificate checking disabled will that fix my problem? How would i run Dev mode? I was looking into buying a version of OS 10.9 and trying my luck with that but that OS is now discontinued. I can only buy 10.8, but if I do that is there a version of the beta drives that will work with 10.8? If so which one? I am in real need of some guidance here:( please help! Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.