Tascam 2488MK2 muliple tracks recording simultaniously

Geert

Gear owned
Tascam 2488mk2
Hi , I'm new here. I have a question. Hope somebody can help out. I have a Tascam 2488MK2. I use it for multitracking without any problems so far. But now I want to record multiple tracks simultanously for a live recording. I cant find anything in the manual how to do this. Although it does mention it is possible do do this. Does anybody know how this works? Tanks in advance . Greetings from Holland
Geert

Welcome to the forum, Geert.

"Live" recording on your portastudio involves the same process as multitrack recording.

However, you can only record up to eight tracks simultaneously.

Last edited:
Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. Do you know how to select the 8 tracks simultaniously? (what steps to take) I can't seem to get it done and can't find a description in the manual how to do it. I've tried to select the tracks one after the other but only one track lights up and is active.

You "Assign" "Inputs" to "Tracks". Page 29, 30 in the Mk II OM I looked at.

Starting from a fresh, clean setup for a new song (OM p24), you should be able to assign 8 individual Inputs to 8 individual Tracks.

I don't own a 2488, so no hands on experience. But the Videos in the sticky section at the top of the forum describe how to accomplish basic tasks for the DP-24/32/SD portastudios, and much of that is similar to the earlier 2488 series.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. I'll give it a try

....I've tried to select the tracks one after the other but only one track lights up and is active.
Welcome Geert. Agree with Mark.
I also don't own a 2488 but there's a common misconception with the Select buttons if it's anything like the DP series. They have nothing to do with recording. It's the Assign or Routing functions which are used to patch inputs to tracks for recording.
The Select buttons are used (in normal multi-track recording mode) for choosing which track is the focus for any shared controls or screen displays. In the DP's case, there is only one set of physical EQ, Pan and Send knobs, so these only apply to the currently selected track, regardless of which tracks are being recorded. Similarly the 'mixer' screen only shows info for the selected track. You can even select different tracks during the recording process and it will not affect the recording.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
What matters is the Record button. Pressing those arms the tracks for recording and armed tracks will blink in standby (on the DP series).

Reactions: Phil Tipping

New threads

Members online

No members online now.