Tascam 48, impossible to record

Syntiz

Gear owned
Tascam 48
Hi everyone,

I have an issue and hope you could help me.

Context:
I have A Tascam 48 (with two DX-4D) since a long time. It always worked well. I didn't use it for 3 or 4 years. Today I re-pluged it to my console. The reading of all tracks works well. But when I try to record it doesn't work.

Details:
When I set "OUTPUT SELECT" to "Input" and "FUNCTION SELECT" to "rec" on my track I see the meter (not sure if it's the right term in English because I'm french) moving when I play => so the sound goes well to my Tascam 48. When I press PLAY+REC, the red light becomes fixed, then I play what I want to record.

Issue:
Then I go back to "OUTPUT SELECT" to "Repro" and switch off "rec" on my track. But when I press Play there is nothing: the meter doesn't move and of course no sound (whereas on the same track it works well with my old previous recording).

For information, I have the documentation and tryed to understand what I did wrong but can't find. Do you think it could be due to a fuse (or something else) which would disable the record?

Thanks

For information, I just checked all of the 10 fuses and they're all good...

When I record a track, it's well erased but nothing is writen on it => So read and delete work fine. It's only writing which doesn't work (keeping in mind that sound arrive well in Tascam because meters are moving)...

Last edited:
It would be my tape path which has to be cleaned (I did it with alcohol and Q-tips but it changes nothing). I will search for a tutorial to make this cleaning efficient

New threads

Members online

No members online now.