Tascam 688 issiue

PSRMusic

Gear owned
Tascam 488 MKii
Hi All

Yesterday i received a 688 i bought online and unfortunatly the seller sent it in a very careless parcel and not very much to absorb hits etc during shipping, When i went to try the unit the meters went full red and no sound on all inputs and outs, The rest of the unit works perfect, Buttons and tape decks as far as operation, I will try to open the unit and try to have a look under the hood, I uploaded a little showing the unit and meeters...Any help is super appreciated

These Tascams have a large main board, it is possible it got cracked somewhere due to the shock during delivery. You should see on a scope or just by listening, what comes out of the outputs.

I had the exact same thing happen a few years ago. The seller just stuffed the 688 in a too big box. By the time UPS got it here it was literally OUT of the box. I ended up getting a refund for it as it was damaged too much. No packing material whatsoever.

You didn't mention where you purchased it, but I would definitely reach out and either ask for a full or partial refund, or return it. You could spend quite a while trying to figure out what is broken, and the 688 is pretty complicated (I've worked on mine and it's definitely the hardest one I have to work on).

New threads

Members online