Tascam A4010s help!

Zachary sterman

Gear owned
TASCAM 388, MSR16, M312
the motor directly in the middle of my Teac a4010S started making a horribly loud sound today. ive been recording stereo tracks to it + using it as a tape echo and i rather like the sound. i took the front panel off because it stopped playing and the belt had come off, and since i put it back on its making this loud noise. if i take the belt off, and trick the machine into thinking there is tape on the machine, it still makes the sound. ive attached a video link to show you what i mean! it should load very quickly. any help is greatly appreciated, you guys always have my back.

-Zachary

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CC...XYFfXamprsM-X_ks7r3sGbB4rlyAPdfoFmF5WVpr6ZPMU

If the belt cam off it is not the right size. The belt is suppose to be the right size and if so it will stay on the center of the pulley as they are usually crowned in the center. The noise sounds like the belt is riding over to the flange- If the belt came off what makes you think that you can still use it? When correct belts are on the deck they do not fall or come off. Was this another of those Ebay belts- they hardly ever get the right size that way. According to PRB the belt is a FR16.9
I would put on one of my consolidated 16.8" and see what happens.
16.8" belts I get a Consolidated Electronics in OH.
On the other hand- there is a fan in the back of the motor- if the blade is bent then it can be contacting the grill with that noise. It would make the noise even with no belt on the unit.
Also oil the bearings with AMSoil Signature Synthetic oil and the wow and flutter will be reduced. I use 10W30 in a syringe.

Reactions: Caveman

New threads

Members online