Tascam DP-006-Data Transfer Problems

Shaun Hudson

Gear owned
Tascam DP-006
Hi Folks

Recently got the DP-OO6 and am having a problem with transferring data from the unit to my Computer. I am getting to grips with the recording side fine, however when I link the two devices together via the USB cable, that's when the problems start. The computer is seeing the Tascam and my files and demos are appearing on the computer until it comes to disconnecting, then when I close down nothing remains on the computer.

I am closing down as per the manual and have converted my demos into wav files, everything is fine until I disconnect, I just can't get the computer to save anything from the Tascam. To be honest I am getting on a bit now and computers have always been a challenge for me, but they make it sound so easy, is there something simple I am failing to do? Any help would be much appreciated

Shaun

Hi, Shaun. You need to manually transfer the files to your computer. They are not automatically saved or transferred. You will need to create a new folder and copy your files from the DP folder into your newly created folder.

Good luck!

FP

Hi FP
Thank you for your reply, I will give this a go tonight. As I mentioned, computers are a somewhat of a mystery to me but I understand what you are saying. Thanks once again,

Shaun

Reactions: Felonious Punk
Success, thanks muchly FP. Is it just me being not very PC savvy or do you think the manual doesn't make it clear what you should do? Interested in what you think,
Thanks again
Shaun

You are not alone, Shaun. I still miss some things as I am learning the process. I use this forum to keep engaged so I don't make too many mistakes along the way.

Glad you got things squared away.

Phil's videos are much more informative than the manual. Check them out. He also sells a step by step guide that many find useful.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI2uGjCObnySgNrQyJmlcQpQaUdgBdW6l

FP

Reactions: dctdct
I suggest we put a sticky in the top thread of the smaller Digital Pocketstudio forum in which we emphasize the fact, that most of the technical tutorials, as well as the numerous mixdown and mastering discussions and cookbooks of the full size Digital Portastudios (2488, DP-24/32) apply to the Pocketstudios as well. A caveat should be mentioned that Pocketstudios spot only two inputs, fewer controls and functions and a simpler display.

Today, if you striktly focus on the Pocketstudio forum, you would miss 80 % of valuable information for all DP-xx. That's why I went already before ordering my actual DP-008EX through the mentioned sticky Portastudio threads and still use those forum entries as a source of quality knowledge around recording.

New threads

Members online