TASCAM DP-03 file transfer issues

Jon-Michael W

Gear owned
TASCAM DP-03
My father is retired and was gifted a TASCAM DP-03 unit to record in his home music space, he is not that tech savvy and asked me step in with an issue. He recorded & mixed a few songs being using in a local theatre production, but we're not able to get any of the finished work (which plays back on the unit itself fine and sounds great) transferred to another device. Have tried to two different laptops, both completely compatible with transfer speed/OS/data amount, but when connecting directly to the TASCAM with USB cord or putting the SD Card into the laptop there is no data shown. Specifically when the TASCAM is connected via USB it does connect and show the device on the laptop, and the appropriate named files are there, they are just empty, furthermore the TASCAM system stays locked into the USB Connected screen and you are not able to access anything on the machine. My dad claims he followed all directions in the manual regarding formatting the SD card, and I'm not sure if that was the problem would the files themselves even have recorded and saved properly. Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated. My father is a cancer patient and worried he might not be able to give this theater company the material they made. We're trying to burn the data to an CD right now, so fingers crossed. Thank you.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.