Tascam DP-24SD

Bravohorn1

Gear owned
DP 24SD
Whats up? I'm new, and I finally aquired one, and so far I'm happy with the unit. When I purchased this unit i thought I was getting one w/ CD burner, but noticed today not there. I called retailer, and they said Tascam discontinued that model bc the burner kept malfunctioning. Question 1) Is this a true statement about being unavailable, and Question 2) Can you plug in a stand alone burner to DP24SD, and if yes im looking for recommendations on brand. Thanks

Tascam discontinued the original DP-24 and DP-32 several years ago. Different from the originals - the newer models (DP-24SD and DP-32SD) do not have the CD burner and do not have MIDI capability. If you look around you may be able to find one of the original models for sale. I found a "like new" original DP-24 earlier this year and bought it so I could have the option of MIDI.

You can connect the stereo outputs of the DP-24SD to a stand alone CD burner. I have two - a Tascam and a Sony. They're both about 20 years old but are like new - although I rarely use them any more.

Keep in mind that you can export your final stereo mix .wav file of whatever song to a computer where a CD can be created there assuming you have access to a computer that has a burner. (this is how I've been doing it)

Reactions: Bravohorn1
Thank you David. I do have PC w/ burner. I was just disappointed that my DP24SD wasn't equipped with one.

Thanks again

New threads

Members online

No members online now.