Tascam IF-FW/DMmkii 32 Channel FireWire Card for sale?

Mastermine

Gear owned
Dm4800
Just checking to see if anyone had a FireWire card for the DM 4800 for sale. I'm very interested DM me or contact me through my email ASAP if you have one available motivated buyer. Thank you

There's a few on eBay right now.

I have a card but it comes up DRIVER OFFLINE. I have been trying to resolve that issue but without experienced help, it is in a box. I would discuss selling it "as is."

Are you going to use two FireWire cards on one PC? If so it won’t work. Not clear what your issue is or your setup.

I actually now have three cards. One comes up Driver Offline.

I have two(2) DM4800s. One X-48. One Cubase Pro 9.0. One Cubase Elements 9.0
The PC is Windows 10 (64 bit). I have a pci to firewire card with 2 ports at 800 1 port at 400.

I had bought the second firewire card (the one that Driver Offline happens on), because I wanted a backup card (just in case). I found it broken because I tested it when it came in. I tested it on the DM that already had a working Firewire cards. Again it came up as Driver Offline. I put the original card back in and it ran fine. I purchased that $300 ebay firewire card when it got her I tried it in the known good system (taking out the original firewire card) and it too worked fine. So, I only have one card Driver Offline.

I am running the latest Beta Version on the PC and firewire on the Card. The DM is running 1.7

If the 'Driver Offline' card is not actually broken it can only be a difference in firmware..

My system is apart for room construction and will be offline till mid week. BUT... THe numbers were all the same card to card viewing it on Slot_1 on the DM and it was the same PC with the same Tascam code running on that end.

What I want to do next is go to the BACKUP code on the card. Can I do that and run PC as its receiver? I had heard the first rev was mac only. When in BACKUP can I load a newer version of the firmware ?

If all firmware versions match as you say then there’s the chance that the FireWire port was blown by either you or the previous owner. Inserting the FireWire cable while the machine is on and/or inserting the cable incorrectly can blow the chips and yield the Offline issue you are experiencing as well. This issue has been documented in the forum if you search.

I would never swap a card hot. Even if they are hot swappable. I cannot speak for the previous owner. What bothers me though is the unit sees the cable. That implies to me that it has a send and return line and it can tell they are there. For that to make any sense they must either just look for return signals or see the entire signal path. That does imply the transceiver chip is intact. I can scope it out once the room is back together.

I had reviewed the threads on subject. They did not to solve it. Atleast from what I read. But the jumping back and forth between operating systems may have confused me view.

But what I am getting from that is I should send it in to Tascam. I have been trying to contact htme for over a week. Have not gotten a response other than the automatic reply email. Are you sure they are still in operation. Sending in a card without them giving me an RA seems dangerous. Is there another repair facility that works on them ? Or is this best handled in a trash can.

As I always say, call Tascam don't email. Number is located on their parts page.

Hear that. They said they responded, but I never got it.

Far better by phone. Card is on its way to the repair center.

Awesome. I’m hoping for a happy ending from there.

New threads

Members online