TASCAM MU-1000 CABLE

OCD Recording

Gear owned
Tascam DM-4800
Does anyone know if its possible to use a longer cable to attach the meter bridge to the DM-4800, and where one might purchase said cable?

Sitting on top of the console doesn't work well in my setup. Blocks the view to my monitor, was thinking of mounting it on top the monitor.

Attachments

• Desk.jpg
    Desk.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 82
Why not just raise the monitor up a little.
Just a suggestion.

The monitor is already a little to high as it is, and not having the meter bridge on there makes it way easier to quickly patch connections without having to get behind the desk.

patching is easier without it.

With the width of that lower bezel on the display, you'd only have to raise it a couple of inches to get the display area above the meter bridge. I'd raise the display... Even if you could do the longer cable, having a meter bridge way up there would just be too weird for me.

Gravity Jim said:
With the width of that lower bezel on the display, you'd only have to raise it a couple of inches to get the display area above the meter bridge. I'd raise the display... Even if you could do the longer cable, having a meter bridge way up there would just be too weird for me.

That would block the controls for the TV and I would still have issues patching.

I ordered a db25 male to female IEEE1284 BI-Directional RS232 Cable which is straight pin through. If it doesn't work by itself it may work attaching it to the short factory cable as an extension. I researched forever to try to find the pin out. Not even Tascam could tell me. I'll let you guys know if this works.

Dude, if I had to access the controls of my displays and had to physically repatch the DM for different sessions (instead of using it as a massive digital patchbay, among other things), I'd be looking at an analog patch bay and getting my displays in some kind of "set it and forget it" mode." I don't have time for that kind of screwing around.... probably the biggest reasons I have a console is so I can keep everything plugged in and easily routed without goofing with cable.

Gravity Jim said:
Dude, if I had to access the controls of my displays and had to physically repatch the DM for different sessions (instead of using it as a massive digital patchbay, among other things), I'd be looking at an analog patch bay and getting my displays in some kind of "set it and forget it" mode." I don't have time for that kind of screwing around.... probably the biggest reasons I have a console is so I can keep everything plugged in and easily routed without goofing with cable.

My studio is going through significant changes right now. For the time being I need to be able to easily patch of the fly without going behind the desk. I don't need the meter bridge to sit directly on top the console. I like the monitor/TV where it is.

I'm in the process of incorporating an analog desk via adat through A/D/A converters plus other outboard compressors preamps and FX. I haven't completely figured out all of my routing for the headphone mixes and outboard yet so if a $10.00 cable gets me some use from a meterbridge that's sitting unused than I'm cool with that.

The display doesn't need to be adjusted or anything but I still don't want to block the controls. Its on a swinging arm mount so I can pull it forward ,get behind or tilt it left or right. Not that I need to do that during a session, but I have the option. I will also be adding 2 more flanking monitors for the camera system and extra screen real estate.

That would block the controls for the TV and I would still have issues patching.

I ordered a db25 male to female IEEE1284 BI-Directional RS232 Cable which is straight pin through. If it doesn't work by itself it may work attaching it to the short factory cable as an extension. I researched forever to try to find the pin out. Not even Tascam could tell me. I'll let you guys know if this works.

Just wondering if this worked for you, as I am considering something similar

Did nobody ever answered this question? Would love to be able to do this.

New threads

Members online