Tascam SX-1 vs Korg D32XD

Discussion in 'Non-TASCAM Equipment and Accessories' started by gshuck123, Sep 17, 2014.

1. gshuck123

gshuck123 New Member

Bolton UK
    Gear:
    2xTascam sx-1
    Hi all
    I'm new on here
    been on old site and directed to here
    Just a quick question
    I have just purchased a sx 1
    and iv'e been using a Korg D32XD for a while
    am I doing the right thing by changing to a sx 1
    The Korg has served me well but the sx 1 seemed a better system with what iv'e read about it
    any info would be grateful
    cheers Graham
    (new member)
  2. nabberigu

nabberigu New Member

Illinois USA
    Gear:
    SX-1 LE and SX1-LE PLUS
    Hi Graham,
    I used an Akai DPS 24 in the past. The Akai the Korg D32XD the Yamaha AW 4416 and the Roland VS 2480/2400 are all the same kind of "all in one" work stations.
    They SX 1 is in a different league. The advantage of working on a separate monitor creates so much better work flow and only the Roland had this option also.
    The interface possibilities (extended with optional cards) makes this a much more versatile machine. The monitor section is very good and the editing capabilities out preform the other machines.
    The feel of the SX 1 makes it in my opinion a good choice any time. I use a very power full computer with Presonus Studio One 2 on the side but most of my work is still done in the SX 1 because of the physical inter action.
    The Studio One 2 software with TC Electronics plugins exposes the limitations of the SX 1 in deep editing and high quality plugins but I can still achieve great productions on just the SX 1 alone.
    gshuck123 likes this.
  3. gshuck123

gshuck123 New Member

Bolton UK
    Gear:
    2xTascam sx-1
    Hi
    thanks for the info
    makes me feel better as I bought the sx 1 without doing research first
    thanks again
    Graham