Tascam US 2X2 on Win XP 32 bit?

Steve Fogal

From
California
Gear owned
FW 1884, FW-1082
Tascam US 2X2 on Win XP 32 bit?
Anyone ever get this TASCAM US-2x2 interface running on Win XP 32 bit?

Bought a TASCAM US-2x2 as part of a quick portable set-up, and also for bench testing purposes on my PC DAW's (which already have their own audio interfaces in my home studio rack for that environment).
But I''m trying to get this to work on an old Win XP DAW, which is currently in my home office.

In trying out the Tascam 2X2 US-2x2 for the 1st time, I downloaded & installed the latest ver 4. drivers to my office Win 10 lap top, connected the US-2x2 and I'm able to listen to some music on YouTube etc. (Haven't tested with an instruments like guitar etc, or with instruments midi yet).

Then I tried to install the 4. drivers on an old Win XP DAW, and got a message saying that it's not compatible with this operating system (32 bit Win XP Pro).
So I searched forever to find earlier drivers. After a couple/few hours I found a 1.1.0 driver and downloaded that. I don't know if this is an official Tascam driver (?) because I downloaded it from what looked like a non Tascam site. The download components look very much like the 4.0 drivers, so I went ahead & proceeded to try to install this earlier driver on the old XP PC DAW.
This time I got a different message, indicating something like I need to add on something, not sure what it meant, but assume it may be referring to a service pack. As far as I recall, this old DAW has Service pack 2, which I also recall is what my Aardvark Q10 needs on Win XP, which is the actual interface for this machine, and was working fine that way for years.
But this XP DAW PC is currently in my office at this time because I have more room to work on it here at my large desk, to replace the power supply that died recently.

I always thought USB interfaces work on all computers & OS versions, but never regularly used a USB interface. I do have an old Aardvark USB 3 that had worked on various PC & OS's but those didn't use a specific driver.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.